08 Jan 2021 WE ARE READY AND WAITING FOR YOU
Or are we??
In order to be able to say this with conviction, what you need to do is make sure you have your strategic direction to provide purpose for your company, this will help you set realistic goals now, for you to accomplish in 2021.
Creating successful small businesses isn’t easy at any time, but after businesses all over the world took a hit during 2020, it seems even harder these days. DON’T DESPAIR, and don’t let timing hold you back – 2021 is on it’s way, yes, there may be more challenges ahead, BUT there will also be more opportunities.
Focus On The Positive (What CAN I do!?)
All these rules and regulations at the moment have been telling you what your business can’t do; the best thing for you to do is look at what you can do.
No matter what type of business you are running, you need to have this mind set in order to develop your 2021 business strategy.
We call this The can-do strategy!
Write yourself a list of what is possible.
- You can do business online.
- You can do research for new markets or potential expansion.
- You can still engage with your customers personally and strengthen your relationship.
- You can create different, but still exceptional experiences for your customers.
- You can revisit your marketing (or any strategy for that matter)
Once you define what you can do, even if it requires a change in your business environment, you can then build goals and set tactics to achieve them.
Use your time to make improvements
Look at 2021 as a blank canvas; it offers us an opportunity to improve in all areas of our business. Some businesses may have been procrastinating or just haven’t found the time to make a transformation of sorts – if that is you, NOW is the time!
Develop a multi-plan approach (so that you can even deal with a pandemic!)
With uncertainty anticipated to continue through to 2021, it’s a good idea to have a plan B or numerous backup plans for your business. Think about having contingency plans set in place that deal with possible and plausible goings-on that can address different scenarios! Build on these plans, using the experience of 2020 to help you to develop key tactics.
There are some common pitfalls in starting and running small businesses that can keep entrepreneurs from being successful:
- Your cash flow is in the red, or you don’t have adequate budget
- Are you losing customers to your competition
- Are you finding it challenging to create and build your brand?
- Do you find you are not interacting with your target audience
- You can’t seem to create brand loyalty
- There have been unforeseen issues that have impacted business – Hello Covid
Luckily, for every obstacle in your way, there’s a way to build a bridge over it, around it or through it.
- Find enough backing.
- Know your audience.
- Build your brand before you launch.
- Use social media marketing.
- Tell your story.
- Focus on customer service.
- Be adaptable and have a plan B
Look at these key areas and how they can pave the way for success for you and your business in 2021.
Just remember, don’t set yourself unrealistic goals or “New Year’s Resolutions” make them real, make them achievable, make them attainable.